Thursday, August 31, 2017
Nine individuals were honored in the inaugural Alumni Awards Dinner hosted by the MPS Foundation on August 25, 2017.
The awards ceremony took place at Milwaukee’s Italian Community Center and honored MPS alumni in seven categories:
- Start, Stay, Succeed Champion Award: Michael Harris, principal, and Nathaniel Deans, teacher, Riverside University High School (Riverside High School Alumni)
- Outstanding Alumni Award: Patricia Contreras, Director-Global Community Relations and Contributions, Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee Tech High School Alumna)
- Young Alumni Award: Keith Stanley, Executive Director, Near West Side Partners (Rufus King High School Alumnus)
- Service Award: Jackie Herd-Barber, Community Volunteer Extraordinaire (Custer High School Alumna)
- Corporate Partner Award: William “Bill” Berezowitz, Vice President and General Manager, GE Healthcare (Bay View High School Alumnus)
- Honorary Alumni Award: Joe and Jennifer Bartolotta, Bartolotta Restaurant Group
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Allan “Bud” Selig, Commissioner Emeritus, Major League Baseball (Washington High School Alumnus)
The event also served as a kick-off to the Foundation’s annual giving campaign, which raises funds to support high-quality programming for MPS students at all grade levels, provide resources for district projects and special educational events, and award more than $60,000 in college scholarships to MPS graduates each year.
To make a gift to the Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation, please click here.
More photos available here, with thanks to the Milwaukee Business Journal.