Friday, July 7, 2017
Milwaukee Public Schools alumni are a key part of our community’s success, and the Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation is bringing together alumni, friends, and supporters to recognize and honor their achievements.
On Friday, August 25th, the MPS Foundation will host the first-ever Alumni Awards Dinner, which will celebrate the accomplishments of nine outstanding MPS alumni.
The Alumni Awards Dinner will recognize individuals in seven categories. They are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Allan “Bud” Selig, Commissioner Emeritus, Major League Baseball ~ Washington High School Alumnus
- “Start, Stay, Succeed” Champion Award: Michael Harris, Principal, and Nathaniel Deans, Teacher, Riverside University High School ~ Riverside High School Alumni
- Outstanding Alumni Award: Patricia Contreras, Director-Global Community Relations & Contributions, Rockwell Automation, Milwaukee Tech High School Alumna
- Young Alumnus Award: Keith Stanley, Executive Director, Avenues West Association ~ Rufus King High School Alumnus
- Service Award: Jackie Herd-Barber, Community Volunteer Extraordinaire ~ Custer High School Alumna
- Corporate Partner Award: Dr. William “Bill” Berezowitz, Vice President and General Manager, GE Healthcare ~ Bay View High School Alumnus
- Honorary Alumni Award: Joe and Jennifer Bartolotta, Bartolotta Restaurant Group
Tickets are available now and may be purchased online. Please click here to purchase individual tickets. For tables or corporate sponsorships, please click here. A wide variety of sponsorship opportunities are available. To see the full list, please click here.