In 1997 the Milwaukee Board of School Directors (MBSD) authorized the establishment of the Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation, Inc. (Foundation), with a mission to promote educational excellence and strengthen community participation in MPS.
In 2015, sensing the need to reach more funders, MPS leadership took steps to analyze the Foundation. Findings from that analysis suggested the reconstitution of the Foundation to improve effectiveness and allow for maximum fund development. One of the steps in this reconstitution process is to identify and appoint a new board of directors for the Foundation as the terms of the previous board members have expired. Our current board members are:
- Joaquin Altoro, Vice President of Commercial Banking, Town Bank
- Daniel Bader, President, Bader Philanthropies
- Tina Chang, CEO, SysLogic, Inc.
- Peter Feigin, President, Milwaukee Bucks
- Christina Fiasca, Community Volunteer
- Stephen Francaviglia, President, Greater Milwaukee South, Aurora Health Care
- James Friedman, Attorney, Godfrey & Kahn
- Jacqueline Herd-Barber, Community Volunteer
- John Kersey, Executive Vice President, Zilber, LTD.
- H. Carl Mueller, Chairman & CEO, Mueller Communications
- Mark Sabljak, Vice President of Corporate and Community Engagement, Milwaukee Film
- Deanna Singh, Founder, Flying Elephants
- Anthony Smith, Sr. Community Relations Consultant, Children's Community Health Plan
- Fred Tabak, Attorney, Tabak Law
- Carol Voss, Director, Milwaukee Board of School Directors
In addition to the above, the following individuals will serve as ex-officio members of the Foundation's board of directors:
- Dr. Darienne B. Driver, MPS Superintendent
- Ann M. Terrell, Director, MPS Foundation, Inc.