In 1997 the Milwaukee Board of School Directors (MBSD) authorized the establishment of the Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation, Inc. (Foundation), with a mission to promote educational excellence and strengthen community participation in MPS.
Earlier this year, sensing the need to reach more funders, the Administration took steps to analyze the Foundation. Findings from that analysis suggested the reconstitution of the Foundation to improve effectiveness and allow for maximum fund development. One of the steps in this reconstitution process is to identify and appoint a new board of directors for the Foundation as the terms of the previous board members have expired. Our current board members are:
- Griselda Aldrete, President & CEO, Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee
- Joaquin Altoro, Vice President of Commercial Banking, Town Bank
- Daniel Bader, President, Bader Philanthropies
- Tina Chang, CEO, SysLogic, Inc.
- Robert Chernow, Vice President & Investment Officer, RBC Wealth Management
- Peter Feigin, President, Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Francaviglia, President, Greater Milwaukee South, Aurora Health Care
- Jacqueline Herd-Barber, Community Volunteer
- John Kersey, Executive Vice President, Zilber, LTD.
- Reggie Moore, President Center for Youth Engagement
- H. Carl Mueller, Chairman & CEO, Mueller Communications
- Mark Sabljak, Publisher, Milwaukee Business Journal
- Deanna Singh, CEO, Burke Foundation
- Carol Voss, Director, Milwaukee Board of School Directors
- Tammie Xiong, Executive Director, Hmong American Women’s Association
In addition to the above, the following individuals will serve as ex-officio members of the Foundation's board of directors:
- Dr. Darienne B. Driver, MPS Superintendent
- Gerald Pace, MPS Chief Financial Officer
- Ann M. Terrell, Director, MPS Foundation, Inc.